In April we complete our whole Unit 5 in Language Arts "How are the Earth & Sky portrayed in fiction and nonfiction?", take three MAP tests on computers (Reading, Language, and Math), a Spring Writing Prompt, DRP, DRA to the student's independent reading level, fluency with a Spring goal, DSA spelling tests (which could possibly lead to taking three tests depending on the student), have a week off for Spring Break, attend a school day chorus, band, and orchestra concert, AND hold parents/teacher conferences. WHEW! That was exhausting just typing!!!
Anyways, in linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching...here are five RANDOM parts of our week!
5) We finished our legend chart in class and the students created their own legends. We are so impressed with how they came out! We made up an awesome packet for our unit and added it to our TPT store. The legend plan we created was key to the student's success!
4) We started our bulletin board to introduce our next unit. "How is heroism portrayed in fiction and nonfiction?" I'm in love with the comic superhero I drew and the student's are having a blast cutting their heads out of their pictures!
3) I stayed up really late Thursday night making cake pops for Robyn's daughter's second birthday this weekend. I love making them and think they came out awesome! :)
2) I made an DELICIOUS dinner this week in my Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef that I am obsessed with. Not only can I make an amazing lava cake in twelve minutes, but I can also cook ANYTHING in it in the MICROWAVE!!! From whole chickens to dips...everything I've made was awesome. Really this is something you have to see to believe. I didn't believe microwaved chicken would be edible until I tried it. It makes quick dinners more healthy and less stressful.
This dish was called Summer Spaghetti. I can't wait for the summer when my garden is thriving so I can add fresh zucchini and squash!
1) I was diagnosed with a form of Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis! :( It is an infectious disease transmitted by the bite of a tick. I have no idea when I got bit by a tick, but I did, and now I have full blown symptoms. My neck, back, and shoulders feel like they are broken and the migraines I get are the worst I've ever had. NOT fun... I have 0 energy and the super strong medicine I am on makes me sick! Below is a picture of what the tick supposedly looks like. EWWWW! With my husband being a hunter and us always being outside hiking in the woods, I guess it makes sense that it had to happen sometime!